By visiting any of our brand sites, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice. Unless you tell us otherwise, whenever you submit personally identifiable information to us online, you are giving your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, as described herein.
Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may collect data from our various brand websites through sampling offers, sweepstakes entries, newsletters, etc. We collect information (that you provide voluntarily) concerning your lifestyle/interests, preferences and attitudes to assist us in our product development and marketing. We are also interested in making your visits to our websites useful and enjoyable. We try to customize your website experience in a way that is tailored to your unique interests.
The information Sterling Cosmetics Ltd learns from customers helps us continually improve the services we provide to you. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: Sterling Cosmetics Ltd receives and stores any information you enter on our Web sites or give us in any other way. However, you can choose not to provide certain information. However, if you do so, then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, fulfilling orders, improving our service, and communicating more effectively with you.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd does not store any customer credit card information.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd does not read your private online communications.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd does not use any information about where you personally go on the Web and we do not give it out to others.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd does not give out your personally identifiable information such as telephone number, credit card information or screen names. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd also gives you the opportunity to correct your personal contact and other personally identifiable information that you have provided to us at any time.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may use information about the kinds of products you buy to make other marketing offers to you, unless you tell us not to by opting-out via email.
- The information you provide may be used by Sterling Cosmetics Ltd to create and deliver to you newsletters, e-mails, surveys or other communications containing product information, offers, promotions or information concerning your order.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may use the information you provide in an aggregate form for internal business and planning purposes, such as generating demographic data and statistics or developing marketing plans.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may collect, store and accumulate certain non-personally identifiable information concerning your use of our websites, such as information regarding which of our pages, brand sites, contests or promotions are most popular. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may share or transfer such non-personally identifiable information with or to our affiliates, licensees or partners.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may disclose information, including personally identifiable information, we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. In the event of any on-line purchases, Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may exchange information, including personally identifiable information, with other companies and organizations to process or fulfill orders submitted by you and for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.
- Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer our websites, track traffic patterns and gather demographic information for aggregate use.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of Sterling Cosmetics Ltd business. However, Sterling Cosmetics Ltd is not in the business of selling our database to others. We share customer information only with subsidiaries we control, affiliates or specific business partners or agents and only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: Sterling Cosmetics Ltd works closely with other business partners including our licensors and Distributors. In some cases, these businesses operate stores or separate websites linked to our websites or will want to send offerings to you, but only when you tell us/them to by opting to receive partner information. You can tell when another business/partner is involved in a promotion and we only share customer information with that business when you tell us by opting-in.
- Agents: Sterling Cosmetics Ltd employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions. However, they are not authorized by Sterling Cosmetics Ltd to use it for other purposes or provide it to anyone else.
- Protection of Sterling Cosmetics Ltd and Others: Sterling Cosmetics Ltd reserves its right to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law, enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ourselves, our users or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Third Parties: Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may retain other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf.
- Examples include data analyses firms, customer support specialists, fulfillment companies (e.g., companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings or promotions) and web-hosting companies. Such third parties may be provided with access to personally identifiable information needed to perform their functions. However, they are not authorized by Sterling Cosmetics Ltd to use such information for any other purpose or transfer it to anyone else.
Choice – Opt Out
If you receive any future e-mailings from Sterling Cosmetics Ltd you may opt out of these mailings at any time by clicking on a link in the e-mail you receive. Our e-mail practices are designed to comply with the laws of United Kingdom
Our websites are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or older. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child whom Sterling Cosmetics Ltd knows to be under the age of 18. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 18.
Conditions of Use, Notices and Revisions
If you choose to visit Sterling Cosmetics Ltd website your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages and application of the laws of England. Our business changes constantly. This Notice and the Terms and Conditions of Use will change also. The use of information that Sterling Cosmetics Ltd gathers is subject to the Privacy Notice in effect at the time of use. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to. You should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes that have been posted.
All pages where you provide personal credit card information use Secure Server Software (SSL) encryption technology. SSL is the industry standard and among the best software available today for secure transactions. Sterling Cosmetics Ltd uses secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.